Rev. Dr. Lane Tipton of Westminster Theological Seminary illustrates the structure benefits and pattern of union with Christ.
Quick points as follows;
- A supernaturally engendered faith.
- Imputed righteousness.
- How does Jesus help with the fact that you still continue to sin? Enslaving power of sin is broken forever, so you do not continue to sin as a slave to sin with sin being your master.
- Daily you are supernaturally empowered by the spirit of Christ to put sin to death and cultivate holiness.
- You are now a child of God.
- You have father in heaven as you grow in grace.
- Romans 8:17 suffer with Christ now in order that you might be glorified with Christ when he returns.
- The basic pattern of the Christian life is suffering.
- You are a cross bearer in this life.
- Your suffering is unto glory unlike the suffering of an unbeliever.